More than 137,600 Vietnamese people residing in RoK
Web.HCYU.04/5/2016 - More than 137,600 Vietnamese people are residing in the Republic of Korea (RoK), according to figures released by the Immigration Management Agency under the RoK’s Ministry of Justice on May 2nd.
According to the agency, at the end of March, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK reached 1,943,576 people, for the first time surpassing 1.9 million people. This figure increased by 4.7% compared to February and increase by 7.2% compared to the same period last year. After only three months, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK has surpassed last year's record of 1,899,519 people.
Among them, the Chinese, including Korean origin Chinese, account for the largest number of 986,820 people (50.8%), followed by Americans with 143,974 people (7.4%), Vietnamese with 137,654 people (7.1%), Thai with 90,235 people (4.6%), Filipinos with 54,014 people (2.8%), and Japanese with 41,188 people (2.1%).
In March, the number of foreigners married to Koreans was 152,025 people, an increase of 1.2% over the same period last year. The number of foreign students in RoK is 106,138 people, up 14.4% compared to a year ago./.
- Weekly news summary: 12 - 18/01/2013
- Raising awareness of science and technology in 2013
- Blood Donation Festival due on Sunday
- Job fair for Vietnamese students in Japan
- The 39th SSEAYP: Once in a lifetime
- 1,100 to take doctoral training in foreign countries in 2013
- Project to build learning society approved
- 2,900 helmets provided for pupils in HCM City
- Youth festival promotes traffic safety
- Vietnamese Student Development and Support Foundation towards the development of young generation
- Vietnam wins two silvers at World Physics Olympiad
- Overseas Vietnamese youths towards the 10th HCYU Congress's success
- Ha Thanh named athlete of the year
- In pictures: ASEAN- INDIA Youth Exchange
- VNA selects Vietnam’s top ten events in 2012