More than 137,600 Vietnamese people residing in RoK
Web.HCYU.04/5/2016 - More than 137,600 Vietnamese people are residing in the Republic of Korea (RoK), according to figures released by the Immigration Management Agency under the RoK’s Ministry of Justice on May 2nd.
According to the agency, at the end of March, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK reached 1,943,576 people, for the first time surpassing 1.9 million people. This figure increased by 4.7% compared to February and increase by 7.2% compared to the same period last year. After only three months, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK has surpassed last year's record of 1,899,519 people.
Among them, the Chinese, including Korean origin Chinese, account for the largest number of 986,820 people (50.8%), followed by Americans with 143,974 people (7.4%), Vietnamese with 137,654 people (7.1%), Thai with 90,235 people (4.6%), Filipinos with 54,014 people (2.8%), and Japanese with 41,188 people (2.1%).
In March, the number of foreigners married to Koreans was 152,025 people, an increase of 1.2% over the same period last year. The number of foreign students in RoK is 106,138 people, up 14.4% compared to a year ago./.
- Vietnamese youth joined the Vietnam – Korea Youth Exchange 2013 in Korea
- Vietnamese youth joined the ASEAN – China Youth Camp 2013 in China
- The HCYU Weekly News Summary: 12-17 May 2013
- Warm Vietnam Day in the UK
- Photo contest “A Glimpse of Vietnam in France”
- Binh Duong: Present 4,000 copies of the Diary “Ho Chi Minh Generation”
- 900 students form the word “Viet Nam”
- 46 Hanoi students receive Lotte scholarships
- Vietnamese students in Thailand enjoy world's biggest “water fight” festival
- Ly Son District to host Hoang Sa, Truong Sa seminar
- Youngsters color their Facebook in red by the Vietnam flag
- Ha Nam to have safe routes to school
- Vietnamese students in the UK promote national culture
- Hung Kings death anniversary held in Canada
- The HCYU Weekly News Summary: 06 – 13 April 2013