More than 137,600 Vietnamese people residing in RoK
Web.HCYU.04/5/2016 - More than 137,600 Vietnamese people are residing in the Republic of Korea (RoK), according to figures released by the Immigration Management Agency under the RoK’s Ministry of Justice on May 2nd.
According to the agency, at the end of March, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK reached 1,943,576 people, for the first time surpassing 1.9 million people. This figure increased by 4.7% compared to February and increase by 7.2% compared to the same period last year. After only three months, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK has surpassed last year's record of 1,899,519 people.
Among them, the Chinese, including Korean origin Chinese, account for the largest number of 986,820 people (50.8%), followed by Americans with 143,974 people (7.4%), Vietnamese with 137,654 people (7.1%), Thai with 90,235 people (4.6%), Filipinos with 54,014 people (2.8%), and Japanese with 41,188 people (2.1%).
In March, the number of foreigners married to Koreans was 152,025 people, an increase of 1.2% over the same period last year. The number of foreign students in RoK is 106,138 people, up 14.4% compared to a year ago./.
- Vietnam outstanding young faces 2013
- Thua Thien Hue: Youth forum on reproductive health and environment
- Vietnam football team tops in Southeast Asia
- Youth Dialogue "Stand up to Gender Stereotypes around in everyday life"
- “Oxford Open Day 2014” organized by Vietnamese students in UK
- Urban civilization is the focus of the Youth Month
- “Year of Youth Volunteers 2014” launched
- The 9th National Congress of VNUS
- 18th World Festival of Youth and Students to kick off
- Millions mourn loss of people's general
- Religion and ethnicity training for youth members
- Honouring those Vietnamese “Nick Vujicic”
- Youth nationwide in 2013 Candlelight Tribute
- 2013 Intergovernmental Youth Exchange program from Korea to Vietnam
- ASEAN YOUTH CAMP 2013 – ASEAN COMMON IDENTITY