More than 137,600 Vietnamese people residing in RoK
Web.HCYU.04/5/2016 - More than 137,600 Vietnamese people are residing in the Republic of Korea (RoK), according to figures released by the Immigration Management Agency under the RoK’s Ministry of Justice on May 2nd.
According to the agency, at the end of March, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK reached 1,943,576 people, for the first time surpassing 1.9 million people. This figure increased by 4.7% compared to February and increase by 7.2% compared to the same period last year. After only three months, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK has surpassed last year's record of 1,899,519 people.
Among them, the Chinese, including Korean origin Chinese, account for the largest number of 986,820 people (50.8%), followed by Americans with 143,974 people (7.4%), Vietnamese with 137,654 people (7.1%), Thai with 90,235 people (4.6%), Filipinos with 54,014 people (2.8%), and Japanese with 41,188 people (2.1%).
In March, the number of foreigners married to Koreans was 152,025 people, an increase of 1.2% over the same period last year. The number of foreign students in RoK is 106,138 people, up 14.4% compared to a year ago./.
- Honoring 122 outstanding ethnic minority students
- Vietnam - China youth exchange 2015 opens
- 4500 standard helmets given to motorcyclists
- VYF launches Winter Volunteer Program 2015
- Vietnamese youth delegation conclude ASEAN+3 Youth Forum in Thailand
- ASEAN Youth Forum concludes in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam youth representatives meet the Young Guard of UR
- Prime Minister meets young scientists
- Youth leader attends new school year ceremony, awards scholarships
- Mountain settlements help youth build easier lives
- Volunteer students decorate Ho Chi Minh City hospital wall with cartoons
- Ceremonies planned to mark Invalids and Martyrs Day
- Youth offer healthcare support
- President greets VN expat youth
- UEVF organizes voluntary activities in Vietnam