More than 137,600 Vietnamese people residing in RoK
Web.HCYU.04/5/2016 - More than 137,600 Vietnamese people are residing in the Republic of Korea (RoK), according to figures released by the Immigration Management Agency under the RoK’s Ministry of Justice on May 2nd.
According to the agency, at the end of March, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK reached 1,943,576 people, for the first time surpassing 1.9 million people. This figure increased by 4.7% compared to February and increase by 7.2% compared to the same period last year. After only three months, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK has surpassed last year's record of 1,899,519 people.
Among them, the Chinese, including Korean origin Chinese, account for the largest number of 986,820 people (50.8%), followed by Americans with 143,974 people (7.4%), Vietnamese with 137,654 people (7.1%), Thai with 90,235 people (4.6%), Filipinos with 54,014 people (2.8%), and Japanese with 41,188 people (2.1%).
In March, the number of foreigners married to Koreans was 152,025 people, an increase of 1.2% over the same period last year. The number of foreign students in RoK is 106,138 people, up 14.4% compared to a year ago./.
- Open call to 5th ASEM Rectors' Conference and Students' Forum
- Monthly thematic activities for 2016
- Plan to plant trees 2016 announced
- Thousands of youths joined 8th “Red Sunday”
- “Proud of Viet Nam” 2015 contest completed
- “Youths with traffic culture” 2015 campaign concluded
- ASEAN+3 Young Entrepreneurs Forum in Ho Chi Minh City
- Job fair for Vietnamese students in UK
- Vietnamese students’ football game held in France
- Vietnamese students organize cultural activity in China
- Quang Ninh concluded the English contest for youths
- New policy supporting youth volunteers
- SSEAYP 2015 arrived Ho Chi Minh City
- Honoring outstanding Vietnamese students in Czech Republic
- Launching “help our friends” program