More than 137,600 Vietnamese people residing in RoK
Web.HCYU.04/5/2016 - More than 137,600 Vietnamese people are residing in the Republic of Korea (RoK), according to figures released by the Immigration Management Agency under the RoK’s Ministry of Justice on May 2nd.
According to the agency, at the end of March, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK reached 1,943,576 people, for the first time surpassing 1.9 million people. This figure increased by 4.7% compared to February and increase by 7.2% compared to the same period last year. After only three months, the number of foreigners residing in the RoK has surpassed last year's record of 1,899,519 people.
Among them, the Chinese, including Korean origin Chinese, account for the largest number of 986,820 people (50.8%), followed by Americans with 143,974 people (7.4%), Vietnamese with 137,654 people (7.1%), Thai with 90,235 people (4.6%), Filipinos with 54,014 people (2.8%), and Japanese with 41,188 people (2.1%).
In March, the number of foreigners married to Koreans was 152,025 people, an increase of 1.2% over the same period last year. The number of foreign students in RoK is 106,138 people, up 14.4% compared to a year ago./.
- Honoring 10 outstanding young faces of Vietnam
- Tuoi Tre, Japanese Mainichi newspaper to boost comprehensive cooperation
- Eran Katz talked to students in Ha Noi
- ASEM Youth Week Hanoi 2016
- A Special bus: Youth’s journey towards gender equality
- 20 nominees of Viet Nam Young Faces of 2015 announced
- Bolikhamsai and Nghe An youth leaders exchange New Year’s greetings
- Prime Minister issues youth work directive
- Ha Noi youths plant trees for environment protection
- City youths voluntarily join military service
- Model ASEM Ha Noi 2016 launches Open Call
- Holiday notices - Lunar New Year 2016
- Youth month 2016 themed as "Youth action for a caring community and youth development"
- Vietnamese students and youths in Japan welcome Lunar New Year
- Warm clothing and blankets to needy children in mountainous area