ASEM Youth Week Hanoi 2016
Web.HCYU.02/04/2016 – Ha Noi, the opening ceremony of the ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Youth Week Hanoi 2016 (Model ASEM Hanoi 2016) was held 31March- 07 April 2016 in Hanoi, Vietnam.
HCYU Secretary Dang Quoc Toan addresses the opening ceremony
Under the theme of “Stronger Actions to Address Zero Hunger Challenge”, Model ASEM delegates participated in fruitful discussions about a variety of issues concerning sharing their viewpoints on important international issues whilst focusing on the relations between Europe and Asia in the three pillars of economic, socio-cultural and political aspects.
Model ASEM is a simulation of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit to generate interest and increase awareness of the ASEM process among university students and young academics. It takes place in the same month as the ASEM Summit and it is a 3-day academic conference and simulation exercise, with the latter being based on the Summit’s procedures, programme and agenda. Youth participants from 51 Asian and European countries form delegations. Each delegation comprises of 3 students from different nationalities, including one head of delegation.
Delegates attending the ASEM Youth Week
Model ASEM simulations organized the ASEF University Alumni Network (ASEFUAN) and supported by the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) held in 2004 and 2012 in Singapore, in 2007 in Manila (Philippines), and in 2008 in Beijing (China).
- Photo contest “A Glimpse of Vietnam in France”
- Binh Duong: Present 4,000 copies of the Diary “Ho Chi Minh Generation”
- 900 students form the word “Viet Nam”
- 46 Hanoi students receive Lotte scholarships
- Vietnamese students in Thailand enjoy world's biggest “water fight” festival
- Ly Son District to host Hoang Sa, Truong Sa seminar
- Youngsters color their Facebook in red by the Vietnam flag
- Ha Nam to have safe routes to school
- Vietnamese students in the UK promote national culture
- Hung Kings death anniversary held in Canada
- The HCYU Weekly News Summary: 06 – 13 April 2013
- Award Badge “Brave Youth” to Sergeant Major Tran Ngoc Thang
- The HCYU awarded “For the Young Generation of Vietnam" medal to the Head of UN Volunteers Field Unit (UNV FU) in Vietnam
- The HCYU Weekly News Summary: 30 March - 06 April 2013
- The HCYU Weekly News Summary: 23 - 30 March 2013