ASEM Youth Week Hanoi 2016
Web.HCYU.02/04/2016 – Ha Noi, the opening ceremony of the ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Youth Week Hanoi 2016 (Model ASEM Hanoi 2016) was held 31March- 07 April 2016 in Hanoi, Vietnam.
HCYU Secretary Dang Quoc Toan addresses the opening ceremony
Under the theme of “Stronger Actions to Address Zero Hunger Challenge”, Model ASEM delegates participated in fruitful discussions about a variety of issues concerning sharing their viewpoints on important international issues whilst focusing on the relations between Europe and Asia in the three pillars of economic, socio-cultural and political aspects.
Model ASEM is a simulation of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit to generate interest and increase awareness of the ASEM process among university students and young academics. It takes place in the same month as the ASEM Summit and it is a 3-day academic conference and simulation exercise, with the latter being based on the Summit’s procedures, programme and agenda. Youth participants from 51 Asian and European countries form delegations. Each delegation comprises of 3 students from different nationalities, including one head of delegation.
Delegates attending the ASEM Youth Week
Model ASEM simulations organized the ASEF University Alumni Network (ASEFUAN) and supported by the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) held in 2004 and 2012 in Singapore, in 2007 in Manila (Philippines), and in 2008 in Beijing (China).
- “Proud of Viet Nam” 2015 contest completed
- “Youths with traffic culture” 2015 campaign concluded
- ASEAN+3 Young Entrepreneurs Forum in Ho Chi Minh City
- Job fair for Vietnamese students in UK
- Vietnamese students’ football game held in France
- Vietnamese students organize cultural activity in China
- Quang Ninh concluded the English contest for youths
- New policy supporting youth volunteers
- SSEAYP 2015 arrived Ho Chi Minh City
- Honoring outstanding Vietnamese students in Czech Republic
- Launching “help our friends” program
- Honoring 122 outstanding ethnic minority students
- Vietnam - China youth exchange 2015 opens
- 4500 standard helmets given to motorcyclists
- VYF launches Winter Volunteer Program 2015