Prime Minister issues youth work directive
Web.HCYU.23/02/2016. HA NOI (VNS) - Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has issued a directive on the implementation of youth development strategy for the 2011-20 period and governmental resolution No 45/NQ-CP.
The resolution focused on strengthening the Party leadership on youth work in the acceleration of industrialisation and modernisation.
Over the past years, the youth strategy had been implemented effectively and proven effective in raising the awareness of leading officials, party members and public servants of youth work, the PM said in the directive.
The PM required ministries, sectors, municipal and provincial authorities to create plans to realise the strategy between 2016 and 2020.
Ministries, sectors and localities were also asked to review and adjust youth development criteria, which must be attached to the development criteria of each sector.
Volunteers are constructing bridge in Ben Tre province
The PM highlighted that the efficiency of the youth development strategy should serve as a foundation to assess the growth of each locality, unit and the whole nation.
The document directs accelerating the enforcement of youth policies and laws, consolidating State management on youth at all levels and sectors, training to help public employees whose work is related to youths.
The Central Committee of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front, the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union and socio-political organisations are in charge of monitoring the issuance and implementation of youth policies and laws.
The Ministry of Home Affairs was assigned to supervise and speed up agencies and localities to implement the directive — VNS
- Ha Noi youths plant trees for environment protection
- City youths voluntarily join military service
- Model ASEM Ha Noi 2016 launches Open Call
- Holiday notices - Lunar New Year 2016
- Youth month 2016 themed as "Youth action for a caring community and youth development"
- Vietnamese students and youths in Japan welcome Lunar New Year
- Warm clothing and blankets to needy children in mountainous area
- Open call to 5th ASEM Rectors' Conference and Students' Forum
- Monthly thematic activities for 2016
- Plan to plant trees 2016 announced
- Thousands of youths joined 8th “Red Sunday”
- “Proud of Viet Nam” 2015 contest completed
- “Youths with traffic culture” 2015 campaign concluded
- ASEAN+3 Young Entrepreneurs Forum in Ho Chi Minh City
- Job fair for Vietnamese students in UK