Thousands of youths joined 8th “Red Sunday”
Web.HCYU.17/01/2016.HANOI – The 8th blood donation campaign namely “Red Sunday” is officially launched at Hanoi University of Science and Technology, the event attracts thousands of youth from universities and colleges around Hanoi city.
Deputy PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc and leaders of ministries and organizations at the "Red Sunday" campaign on 17/01/2016
This year campaign is planned to hold in Ha Nam, Nam Dinh, Ha Noi, Can Tho, Phu Tho, Yen Bai, Nghe An, Ha Tinh. As reported, the atmosphere is exciting, showing the voluntary spirit, solidarity, caring and sharing of all walks of life.
Addressing the event, Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc highly values the effort of ministries, agencies, people organisations, units from local to central, for successfully implementing the voluntary blood donation campaign over the last years. In particular, the deputy prime minister praises Tien Phong newspaper, National Traffic Safety Committee, National Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion, units of ministries of health, education and training and the central youth union, for organising the 8th “Red Sunday” campaign 2016.
Deputy Prime Minister suggests the related governmental agencies and organisations to further the blood donation movement, work well on communications activities, mobilize and organise safe blood transfusion, ensure support as required to the denoted.
The “Red Sunday” is a series of caring campaign taking place in 22 provinces and cities across Viet Nam during January each year. This is a major movement that significantly contribute to solve the problem of blood shortage during the traditional New Year.
Red Sunday was started in 2009 and emerged as the important movement for blood donation movement in Viet Nam, there are around 18.000 – 20.000 units of blood donated each year.
- “Proud of Viet Nam” 2015 contest completed
- “Youths with traffic culture” 2015 campaign concluded
- ASEAN+3 Young Entrepreneurs Forum in Ho Chi Minh City
- Job fair for Vietnamese students in UK
- Vietnamese students’ football game held in France
- Vietnamese students organize cultural activity in China
- Quang Ninh concluded the English contest for youths
- New policy supporting youth volunteers
- SSEAYP 2015 arrived Ho Chi Minh City
- Honoring outstanding Vietnamese students in Czech Republic
- Launching “help our friends” program
- Honoring 122 outstanding ethnic minority students
- Vietnam - China youth exchange 2015 opens
- 4500 standard helmets given to motorcyclists
- VYF launches Winter Volunteer Program 2015