“Proud of Viet Nam” 2015 contest completed
Web.HCYU.15/01/2016. Hanoi – Contest on Vietnamese history and culture for youth successfully completed with the champion title to Mr Huynh Thanh Than from Khanh Hoa Province. The awarding ceremony was held in Hanoi Cultural and Friendship Palace on 13 Jan 2016.
Attending the event includes Mr Nguyen Van Hung, Vice Chairman of the Party Committee’s Commission for Mass Mobilisation; Mrs Lam Phuong Thanh, Vice Chairwoman of the Party Committee’s Commission for Propaganda and Education; Mrs Nguyen Thi Nghia, Deputy Minister of Education and Training Ministry; Mr Le Quoc Phong, HCYU Secretary and President of Vietnamese Students Association; Mr Nguyen Phi Long, HCYU Secretary and President of Vietnam Youth Federation; along with representatives of governmental ministries and departments, EGAME and history-enthusiastic pupils across Hanoi.
Overview of the final round of the contest
The “Proud of Viet Nam” contest is the first ever playground jointly organised by the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union, Ministry of Education and Training and EGAME. Launched on 8 November 2015, the competition created opportunities for high school students and continuing education centers to explore and experience the nation’s culture and history.
The contest attracted 310,850 students from 2,621 schools and education centers across Viet Nam. After four weeks of school and provincial level of competition, 82 students were selected for the final round in Hanoi. The finalists had to pass four stages of the competition: Starting, Challenging, Accelerating, and Finishing. The short-list was formed in each stage and the top 5 had to present to the judges about their local custom, culture and history; and then answer 10 questions about the country’s history and culture.
Mr Huynh Thanh Than from Khanh Hoa province scored top with 290.5 points over four stages of the final round, the second was Nguyen Tran Minh Tien from Ninh Thuan province; 03 third prizes were awarded to Nguyen Truong Khang (Ben Tre), Truong Thi Hau (Thanh Hoa) and Nguyen Van Hung (Bac Giang) and 10 encouragement prizes. On the video clip contest, the organizer awarded first prize to “Thai Hoa in my heart” by Thai Hoa High School (Nghe An province).
The history and culture contest has inspired the youth in learning and exploring the history topic, given the youth meaningful knowledge as a foundation step for their higher aspiration and ambition.
- “Youths with traffic culture” 2015 campaign concluded
- ASEAN+3 Young Entrepreneurs Forum in Ho Chi Minh City
- Job fair for Vietnamese students in UK
- Vietnamese students’ football game held in France
- Vietnamese students organize cultural activity in China
- Quang Ninh concluded the English contest for youths
- New policy supporting youth volunteers
- SSEAYP 2015 arrived Ho Chi Minh City
- Honoring outstanding Vietnamese students in Czech Republic
- Launching “help our friends” program
- Honoring 122 outstanding ethnic minority students
- Vietnam - China youth exchange 2015 opens
- 4500 standard helmets given to motorcyclists
- VYF launches Winter Volunteer Program 2015
- Vietnamese youth delegation conclude ASEAN+3 Youth Forum in Thailand