Prime Minister urges promotion of youth roles
Web.HCYU.23/03/2014. Hanoi, Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has urged the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union (HCMCYU) Central Committee to closely partner with authorities at all levels to ensure that young people are given the chance to thrive in roles of responsibility - VNA.
|Prime Minister presents the awards to 10 outstanding youths 2013 (Photo: DTN)|
The leader made the request at a March 22 meeting with the committee to mark the union’s 83 rd founding anniversary, which falls on March 26.
PM Dung praised the outstanding performance of a group of young people honoured at the event, expressing his hope that they will exert even greater effort to provide good role models for their peers.
He also highly valued the fruitful cooperation between the government and the committee which, he said, has significantly contributed to the country’s development.
The PM expressed his hope that the two sides will further their collaboration, firstly in youth education and secondly in ensuring the legitimate rights of the youth, especially in study and research.
They were also asked to better coordinate with each other in inspection work, social criticism, job generation and the issuance of policies towards young people.
At the meeting, Nguyen Dac Vinh, First Secretary of the HCMCYU Central Committee, said the body has been assigned many socio-economic development tasks, helping young people play a role in the country’s industrialisation and modernisation.
Over the past years, the government and the HCMCYU have worked with each other to make authorities and youth unions at all levels well aware of their responsibilities in ensuring development and national defence, he said.
- Hanoi Youth starts Youth Month of 2014
- Ten outstanding youths honored and awarded
- Youths celebrate Anniversary of the HCYU in Russia
- HCYU Secretariat talks with distinguished secretaries of grass-root level youth unions
- A young man’s sympathy for poor children
- Thua Thien Hue joins hands for community
- “The youth take part in building up the civic culture” in the Youth Month 2013
- Vietnamese student singing contest opens at Irkutsk, Russia
- Thanh Hóa: Youth month 2013 campaign started with specific actions
- 7,000 units of blood collected at Pink Spring Festival