President launches Tree Planting Festival in Tuyen Quang
Web.HCYU.06/02/2016. Tuyen Quang (VNA) – President Truong Tan Sang on February 15 beat the drum to kick off the Tree Planting Festival 2016 in memory of late President Ho Chi Minh.
President Truong Tan Sang (far right) waters a newly-planted tree during the launching ceremony
Last year, Vietnam planted 246,500 hectares of forest and involved people in management of about 6.7 million hectares of forest, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Cao Duc Phat said at the event.
The number of violations of the Law on Forest Protection and Development was reduced by 15 percent and losses caused by deforestation fell 22 percent from 2014, Phat noted.
Meanwhile, exports of forestry products hit over 7.2 billion USD in 2015, a year-on-year increase of 10.2 percent, the minister added.
Speaking at the ceremony, President Truong Tan Sang hailed the Tree Planting Festival as a fine tradition of Vietnam on the first days of the Lunar New Year, contributing to environment protection and socio-economic development.
The president called on local authority and residents to join hands in the tree planting campaign and have a better awareness of forest protection and deforestation prevention.
Later the day, President Sang visited and offered incense at the Tan Trao national historical site in Son Duong district.
- Meeting cadres and staff members at beginning of Lunar New Year
- Lao Cai: Honour 86 young outstanding CPV members
- Youth leader visits the US
- First secretary visits Tuyen Quang and Ha Giang
- HCYU Secretariat extends Lunar New Year wishes in Thanh Hoa province
- National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam concluded
- Structure of 12th Party Central Committee
- Two youth leaders elected as members of the Party Central Committee
- 12th National Party Congress officially commences
- 12th National Party Congress to be held from January 20th-28th
- Emulation and reward campaign 2016 officially launched
- Reinforce relationship between Viet Nam and Lao PDR children publishers
- Youth Union Secretariat Received Laos Representatives
- Football game as campaign ending violence against women
- Consultations for Youth Law amendments and additions