National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam concluded
Web.HCYU.28/01/2016. The 12th National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) concluded with success on January 28 after eight days of working. The Congress elected a 200-member Party Central Committee, including 180 official and 20 alternate ones (VNA).
The Party General Secretary in the 11th tenure, Nguyen Phu Trong was re-elected with unanimity as General Secretary in the 12th tenure.
The Politburo’s 12th tenure comprises of 19 members. The committee entrusted the Politburo to assign some members to join the Secretariat. The committee also elected three members of the Secretariat.
The Inspection Commission with 21 officials were elected at the first plenum. The commission is headed by Politburo member Tran Quoc Vuong.
In his closing speech, newly-elected Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong announced with pleasure that the 12th National Congress of the CPV is a success.
He said after eight days of working promptly and seriously in the spirit of “Solidarity – Democracy – Discipline – Renovation” and with a high sense of responsibility, the Congress completed successfully all the working agenda as planned earlier.
Delegates discussed in a candid and democratic manner and unanimously passed important documents, including the Political Report and a report evaluating the implementation of socio-economic tasks between 2011 and 2015 and orientations and tasks for 2016-2020.
They also approved a report reviewing the leadership of the 11 th Party Central Committee; another on the execution of the Party statutes in the 11th tenure, and a document summing up the implementation of the 11th Central Committee’s fourth plenum’s Resolution on urgent issues in Party-building.
General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong thanked delegates for their trust in the new 12 th Party Central Committee – the supreme organ on party affairs.
He said the committee is deeply aware of its great responsibility towards the Party, the people and the country. On behalf of the committee, the General Secretary pledged to fulfil their tasks, leading the country to overcome difficulties and challenges to develop further in the coming time.
The Party chief also took the occasion to thank international parties, organisations, and friends for extending their congratulations to the Congress, which, he said, demonstrate their friendship and solidarity with the Vietnamese Party and people.
He thanked press agencies both at home and abroad for their timely reporting about the Congress.
The General Secretary called upon the whole Party, people and army as well as Vietnamese expatriates to uphold patriotism, self-reliance, and great national unity to realise successfully the Congress’s Resolution.
This will help open a new development period for the country towards socialism, he concluded.
- Structure of 12th Party Central Committee
- Two youth leaders elected as members of the Party Central Committee
- 12th National Party Congress officially commences
- 12th National Party Congress to be held from January 20th-28th
- Emulation and reward campaign 2016 officially launched
- Reinforce relationship between Viet Nam and Lao PDR children publishers
- Youth Union Secretariat Received Laos Representatives
- Football game as campaign ending violence against women
- Consultations for Youth Law amendments and additions
- First secretary works with overseas Vietnamese in France
- "For Younger Generation" memorial medals presented
- CLV young entrepreneurs’ cooperation meeting
- First secretary met Vietnamese overseas students in Europe
- Top youth leader visits and works in Havana, Cuba
- Sixty-four savings accounts given to teachers