New president of the VYF elected
Web.HCYU.30/6/2014. Hanoi, the Central Committee of the Vietnam Youth Federation holds the 10th conference in its VI term.
At the conference, HCYU first secretary Nguyen Dac Vinh, alternate member of the CPV Central Committee, is elected as the president of the Vietnam Youth Federation (VYF) of term VI, replacing Mr Phan Van Mai, who was transferred to a different duty.
|Overview of the VYF conference in Hanoi|
The conference also elects the following members of the VYF presidential board: Mr Tran Van Thuan, president of the Vietnam young physicians associations; Mr Vu Minh Ly, deputy head of the youth mobilization and solidarity department, Mr Pham Hong Son, member of the VFY Central Committee, Deputy Secretary of Ho Chi Minh City youth union. At the conference, eight new executive members are elected into the Central Committee.
The Vietnam Youth Federation is a broad social organization of Vietnamese youths and youth organizations. All Vietnamese youths aged from 15 to 30 regardless of sex, ethnicity, religion, social background, personal records, place of residence or membership in other Vietnamese youth organizations, who accept the Constitutions of the Youth Union, can be members of VYF. The VYF has a legal state, an account and a seal of its own.
- Agreement to promote culture, sports and tourism activities among youth
- Vietnam youth union builds village for ethnic youths
- 2014 is selected as Year of Youth Volunteers
- Two-day State funeral to be held for General Vo Nguyen Giap
- General Giap passes away at age 103
- Agreement of Cooperation between the Vietnam Youth Federation (VYF) and OISCA International signed
- Happy Lunar New Year
- Online Interview with the Secretariat members of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
- English version website officially launched
- The Fifth National Youth Creativity Festival
- New editor-in-chief of Tien Phong newspaper appointed