Vietnam youth union builds village for ethnic youths
Web.HCYU. 20/02/2014. The Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union officially started work on a village for ethnic minority youth in the mountainous northwest province of Lao Cai on Tuesday. - Thanh Nien News.
The VND55 billion (US$2.6 million) village will be built in Muong Khuong District’s Lung Vai Commune. It will be well equipped with electricity, roads, schools and medical centers, and is expected to be competed in 2018. The village will welcome 160 households from various ethnic communities to settle down and do farming there. It is the second village project invested in by the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union’s Central Committee in Lao Cai. In 2008, a village was built for 100 households of young tribal families in Bat Xat District’s Trinh Tuong Commune.
Thanh Nien News
- 2014 is selected as Year of Youth Volunteers
- Two-day State funeral to be held for General Vo Nguyen Giap
- General Giap passes away at age 103
- Agreement of Cooperation between the Vietnam Youth Federation (VYF) and OISCA International signed
- Happy Lunar New Year
- Online Interview with the Secretariat members of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
- English version website officially launched
- The Fifth National Youth Creativity Festival
- New editor-in-chief of Tien Phong newspaper appointed