Two-day State funeral to be held for General Vo Nguyen Giap
Web.HCYU.07/10/2013 - General Vo Nguyen Giap will be memorialised at a State funeral on October 12 and 13. (Nhan Dan)
In tribute to the General, the state funeral will be marked by the nationwide lowering of flags at all State offices and public places to half-mast and the cessation of all entertainment activities.
His coffin will lie in state at the National Morgue at No. 5, Tran Thanh Tong Street, Hanoi.
|General Vo Nguyen Giap|
Mourners can pay tribute to General Giap beginning from 7:30am on October 12, and a memorial service is being held from 7:00am on October 13.
He will be buried in his hometown in Quang Binh, according to the wish of the late General and his family.
Vietnam Television and Radio the Voice of Vietnam will broadcast the memorial and burial services live.
Respect-paying and memorial services will also be held at the office of the Quang Binh provincial People’s Committee and the Thong Nhat Hall in Ho Chi Minh City coinciding with the ceremonies in Hanoi.
- Agreement of Cooperation between the Vietnam Youth Federation (VYF) and OISCA International signed
- Happy Lunar New Year
- Online Interview with the Secretariat members of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union
- English version website officially launched
- The Fifth National Youth Creativity Festival
- New editor-in-chief of Tien Phong newspaper appointed