Youth union official working visit to Australia concluded
Web.HCYU. 15/09/2015. Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union’s delegation led by Secretary Le Quoc Phong, President of Viet Nam Students’ Association (VSA) visited Australia as part of the exchange program with Australian Political Exchange Council. Meanwhile, the delegation explored the Vietnamese oversea students’ current situation and their concerns.
Delegation met with the Australian government representatives
At the meeting with the Hon Gary Gray AO MP, Federal Member for Brand, Council member, Secretary Le Quoc Phong stressed the meaning of this political exchange program with Australia and proposed the development of the program with enhance efficiency oriented.
Through this exchange, politicians and young representatives have learned political systems and understand current circumstances within each country of visit. It is expected to extend to other fields such as entrepreneurs and students exchanges. At the reception Mr. Gary Gray supported the views and proposals and said to discuss in more details with relevant agencies.
During the visit, the youth union officials had a working session Embassy of Vietnam in Australia. As informed by Ambassador Luong Thanh Nghi, about 30,000 Vietnamese students are studying in Australia. Secretary Phong hoped that the Embassy would continue to support the activities of the HCYU, VSA as well as the Political Exchange Program in the future.
On the sidelines of the Political Exchange Program, the delegation met and discussed with Viet Nam Students’ Association of Melbourne, Adelaide, and Canberra. After the Political Exchange Program, the delegation continued to work with the Consulate General of Viet Nam in Sydney, Vietnamese students in some universities in Sydney to do survey on their current situation in order to establish the Viet Nam Students’ Association in Australia.
By Y Van
- Training course for Laos youth union officials opens
- Central Youth Union awarded scholarships to students of Foreign Languages Specialised School
- Strengthening Vietnam and Thailand youth cooperation
- VVC and KOICA expand volunteer cooperation
- The 15th Asia Pacific Regional Volunteer Conference to be held in Hanoi
- HCYU receives Japanese teachers and students
- Vietnam supportive of Palestine goals: Deputy FM
- Youth forum for Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam Development Triangle
- International community commends General Giap
- PM Dung arrives in Brunei for ASEAN Summit
- Workshop on youth leadership for community development
- The HCYU’s delegation attended the International Preparatory Meeting to prepare for the 18th World Festival of Youth and Students
- Vietnamese youth joined exchange program with the National Cadet Corps of India
- Overseas Vietnamese pay tribute to ex-Cambodian King
- The 14th ASEAN – ROK Youth Exchange Program