VVC and KOICA expand volunteer cooperation
Web.HCYU.23/4/2014. Hanoi, Vietnam Volunteer Centre (VVC) has worked with representatives of the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) on 16 April at the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union's headquarters.
The working session has been participated by Mr Vu Minh Ly, HCYU executive committee member, deputy head of the Youth Solidarity and Mobilization, director of the VVC; Mr Kim Min Jong, representative of the KOICA in Vietnam and people-in-charge of two agencies.
At the meeting, Mr Ly informed the representatives about the volunteer movements of Vietnamese youth, shared information about volunteering projects and programs implemented by the VVC.
|Mr Vu Minh Ly (central right) exchanges with Mr Mr Kim Min Jong (central left) on 16 April 2014|
Mr Ly mentions the cooperation strategy outlined by the two countries’ leaders on the official visit of Ms Park Geun Hye to Vietnam in September 2013. As a result, “promoting cooperation between youth and volunteerism will contribute to put the goal of two Presidents in reality”.
According to Mr. Kim Min Jong, KOICA in Vietnam is expanding volunteerism programs to several provinces in the Mekong Delta and Northern Mountains. His expectation is both sides will together set up practical projects and programs in those provinces. Mr Kim says the VVC should be a focal place to introduce and connect the governmental ministries, departments, agencies and local bodies for the purpose of organizing and receiving the volunteers in the coming years. Especially, highly qualified experts can volunteer in places where needed most.
The two have agreed to cooperate on a number of specific contents including designing, organizing, coordinating for volunteers to Vietnam; VVC will be the focal point for the collaboration with KOICA to organize volunteerism programs and projects.
During 7-8/2014, the two sides will cooperate and deploy models of volunteerism activities before signing a MOU in the third quarter of 2014.
- The 15th Asia Pacific Regional Volunteer Conference to be held in Hanoi
- HCYU receives Japanese teachers and students
- Vietnam supportive of Palestine goals: Deputy FM
- Youth forum for Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam Development Triangle
- International community commends General Giap
- PM Dung arrives in Brunei for ASEAN Summit
- Workshop on youth leadership for community development
- The HCYU’s delegation attended the International Preparatory Meeting to prepare for the 18th World Festival of Youth and Students
- Vietnamese youth joined exchange program with the National Cadet Corps of India
- Overseas Vietnamese pay tribute to ex-Cambodian King
- The 14th ASEAN – ROK Youth Exchange Program
- The 25th AJAFA-21 Executive Council Meeting in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Cultural exchange for Vietnamese residents in Laos
- ASEAN, Japan celebrate 40 years of friendship, cooperation
- MoU between Phu Yen and Savannakhet provincial youth unions signed