Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneer Organization (HYPO)
The Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneer Organization is an organization of Vietnamese teenagers, founded by the Communist Party of Vietnam and President Ho Chi Minh, directed by Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union. The Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneer Organization is an educational force in and out-side school, the reserve force for the Communist Youth Union and is the pivotal force of teenage movements.
The Organization takes “Uncle Ho’s 5 teachings for children” as aims for its members to practice:
- To love Father-land and the compatriot;
- To study well and be hardworking;
- To practice good solidarity and follow strict discipline;
- To keep well hygiene;
- To be modest, truthful and brave. The Ho Chi Minh Young Pioneer Organization supports teenagers in studying, playing activities and practicing rights and responsibility according to Laws on Protection, Care and Education of Children.
The HYPO’s foundation day is May 15th 1941 and its members about12 million. HYPO’s organization has 4 levels: commune/precinct/town level, district level, province and central level. HYPO’s main tasks include:
- To instruct pioneer to practice Uncle Ho 5 teachings to become good child, good pupil, good friend and good citizen; to become a member of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth;
- To support pioneer to develop full capacity in studying, in physical and recreational activities;
- To practice children rights and responsibility which are stated in the Laws on Protection, Care and Education of Children.